Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Film

One of the best films I've seen in the last few years is a British film called Fish Tank. I actually saw it at home on DVD as I don't go to the cinema very often any more (I've been once this year). The film is an independant movie by director Andrea Arnold and my eldest sister Terry suggested that I watch it. The film tells the story of a young girl from a broken home growing up in a poor part of London. The film is a drama and it stars unknown actors. The lead role is played by Katie Jarvis and it also stars Michael Fassbender who is the star of the other movie I was going to write about (and best movie I've seen this year) "Shame" by British director Steve McQueen (A must see movie - Watch it!!!). I enjoyed Fish Tank because it is a very British movie and it relates to elements of British culture that many people don't know about. The young girl in the story is a bit of a loner and has a very troubled home life. Actually, I've just seen that the full fill is available (subtitled) on Youtube:) Here¿s the trailer. Write about a movie you enjoyed. Say: What it's called, Where and when you saw it, Which actors star in it, What genre it is, What it's about, Why you enjoyed it. Mention anything else you find interesting. Leave comments on your teacher's blog and the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

11 comments:

  1. I like this of talk about a good movie, because I´m always locking for a movie to watch on my free time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even heard about those movie or that director, but I'm definately going to watch both movies!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not very in touch with independant movies, but I think they are great to show some of the hidden stories that tradtional cinema business wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dramas, and this one seems like a very one on the genre

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love to watch new movies so i will definitely see them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know these movies, but I like the movies which have elements of the place or country with the culture or other things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont see this movie, but always is a great idea watch national muvie and the independent directors.

    Regards Teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not very good at watching movies, but it's always good to have good recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to see films with elements of a culture for example a country because I learn about of country and peoples..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a good feeling about fish tank, I´ll try to watch it this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love going to the cinema. I've never watched any of the films you mentioned, but I remember that a friend recommended me "Shame" so I'll watch it. Fish Tank seemed to me very interesting too, I like dramas.

    ReplyDelete