Friday, October 26, 2012

10 Things You Want To Do Before You Die

Because of my age I'm limited with my choices. I can no longer play football in a Premier League football team for example or travel around Europe on a Student rail card (you need to be under 26 years old!). However, there are other options. 1. I'd like to travel to lots of places. If money was no option I think my first stop would be Japan because I've always been fascinated by Japanese culture and I'd like to experience it first-hand. 2. I'd like to direct a movie. I started making little videos last year and I think it would be amazing to do something more professional. 3. I'd like to finish writing a novel. I've started lots but never get past 2 or 3 pages. I think if I took six months off it would be a possibility. 4. I like to record some of my newer songs in a good studio. I've made lots of recordings but I haven't recorded anything in a good studio since 1996. 5. I'd like to see Janelle Monae in concert. My nephew saw her last year and said that she was brilliant. 6. I love cooking so one of my ambitions is to open a little restaurant. Maybe it’s something I’ll do when I retire from teaching. 7. Actually, I love drinking so I’d also like to open a little bar. One that plays good music and that all my friends use as a meeting place. 8. As most of you know, I come from a big family so; I’d love to be able to invite all my family for a holiday reunion in Chile. It would be great to show them all how beautiful Chile is. 9. One of my ambitions would be to take a year off and work my way around the world. My wife and I have joked about doing it so maybe next year………. 10. Finally, I’d like to find inner peace and contentment. Phew!
Write about the 10 Things You Want To Do Before You Die.

Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

9 comments:

  1. it's funny that we share a dream, to open a restaurant, maybe it's something everyone has to accomplish some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to your bar and listen to some fine music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s great that you have so much interest on create audiovisual and literary art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually think of this kind of things, you know?... and therefore I think it's a very interesting topic you've proposed this week :)

    oh!.. by the way, i'd like to read your novel haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who wouldn't like to be a player in a team on the Premier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the point 4, you talk about to record some song. The center cultural of Ñuñoa has a recording room. I went a few days ago and this recording room is good instrumentals to record.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice list, I can relate to a lot of this things, its nice you have interest in different kinds of arts like literature, music or cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh Simon, this topic is very interesting, I like more than others, I think we all want to travel, is something that makes you spend money but enriches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your list, especially point two. But I think it would be more fun to be the protagonist of the film, than the director

    ReplyDelete