Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Country


Since I was young I've always been fascinated with China and it is a country I would love to visit. I think it had something to do with books that I read as a child. One in particular was called “Misse Lee” by Arther Ransome. It was about a group of children who were captured by Chinese pirates and I really enjoyed reading about such an exotic and mysterious land. I found things related to customs and food very interesting (in the book an Emperor served the children a meal of monkey brains in the cooked head of the monkey!!). Later, when I lived in London I used to enjoy going to Chinatown in the centre of the city. It had shops that sold unusual things and great restaurants.

If I could travel to China I would like to walk along The Great Wall and see the sights in cities like Beijing (Peking) and Shanghai. I’m more interested in traditional China than the modern aspects. I love the traditional Chinese architecture and I would like to see how these elements have been incorporated into modern Chinese culture. I’m sure there are lots of interesting things to do, things to see, places to go and things to eat. It’s such a big country that it would take time to get to know it well. There are lots of other things I would like to learn about like Chinese medicine (especially acupuncture) and celebrations like the Chinese New Year – which I experienced in Chinatown in London. I think I’d need to go for at least a year.

Write about a country you would like to visit.

Say:
Which country it is,
Why you are interested in it,
What you would like to see or do there,

 Write at least 200 words.

Leave a comment on your teacher’s blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

7 comments:

  1. Hello !

    I dont Know China and I think what this places is very beautiful with your millennial culture and traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. China has always been to me a very misterious place. It is such a big country, it would take several years to get to know it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That thing of the monkey brain served on it own head reminds me a part of a movie, like indiana jones or something similar and it really don´t attracts me so much haha, but i would like to go there anyway, it´s is a interesting and different culture, that I would love to know

    ReplyDelete
  4. China seems like a great country to explore, the chinese with their millenial culture and architecture must bee exotic and beautiful. With the amount of people and the huge size of their land, it must take's time to se everything that is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. china is for sure one of the most amazing places to visit specially for us as it is so mucho different from our culture, and we can learn so much for all the history it has

    ReplyDelete
  6. China is also one of the places that I want to visit!! hope you be able to go sometime

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I would love to visit on China is Shanghai, I think it's an amazing city and has a beautiful Skyline. I'm not sure about the gastronomy... My sense of taste is kinda short, I don't really like many foods, so I think trying to find something I'd like on China would be quite a challenge!

    ReplyDelete