Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Holiday


One of the best holidays I've ever had was the second time my wife and I went to Uruguay. We flew from Santiago and we arrived in Montevideo with no set plans. We stayed in a hostel the first couple of nights exploring the city (eating lots of muzzarella). On the third day we went to the bus station and took a bus to La Paloma, a little seaside village in Rocha. We had been before but only for a couple of days. Also, the first time we went it was carnival so, it had been very crowded.

We spent our days on the beach sunbathing, reading and swimming. The nicest day we had was when we walked 5 kilometres up the coast to another little village called La Pedrera. It was a hot day so we took our time stopping off to swim when it got too hot in the sun. The beach was deserted once we left La Paloma and it was really nice to it all to ourselves. We have lunch in a little restaurant in La Pedera and then we walked back. The whole trip took us about 5 or 6 hours mainly because we stopped so many times. One of the things I really enjoyed was the temperature of the water. I don´t go in the sea in Chile because it’s too cold. However, La Paloma and the surrounding area are on the Atlantic coast so the water is warm.


Write about a holiday you remember:
Say:
Where you went,
How you got there,
Who you went with,
What you did,
What things you enjoyed.

Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 250 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

14 comments:

  1. the picture is beautiful!!! that's one trip i would love to do, i've been planning a trip to uruguay for many years with my friends, because the beaches look stunning and the have such a great weather

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a nice and peaceful vacations. Uruguay is beautiful, i've been in Punta del Este and was great... the beach, weather, womens...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even chilean people don't like the cold water of the chilean beaches. I always have trouble going in for the first time, and I'm a big fan of bodyboarding.

    Now I'm curious about that muzzarella thing you were talking about. My mouth is watery...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent't seen the sunrise at the sea. ever.
    Did you watch it? how was it like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like you have a very good time there, thats aweosome. I went to Uruguay too; Montevideo is a lovely city, I remember we went to the Centenario stadium and we take many pictures, my father couldn't be more happy, but in chile I erased all this photos, it was very sad and I felt terrible :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel almost envious about so many places you've visited! Someday I may show too the places that I will visit

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful picture Simon! Seems like you really enjoyed that holidays. I love swimming on the ocean, but yeah, it's too cold bathing on Chilean beaches. I would love to have the chance of swimming on warm waters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should go to Pichidangui, that´s the coldest water of Chile!!
    The good part of having cold water at our beaches is that we don´t have sharks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to Uruguay, but last summer, one friend went there and she always tells me that La Pedrera is a beautiful place, hope to have the chance to go there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photo, I have heard good things of montevideo, my sister went too, and told me it was great, she also told me about a village that was very beautiful, but I don't remember the name. Must been really nice swimming in those waters, Chile is really cold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never visited Uruguay, I've only been in the airport... to the earthquake in Chile I was there about 6 hours waiting for any flight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Professor, I need to talk to you. I have sent you an e-mail, but the delivery fails every time I send you one. Could you please give me your e-mail again or send me a message to
    favalos.fau@gmail.com?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful day in Uruguay!

    I do not know Uruguay but I saw the picture and I would like to know this places. In the future maybe... Is true! the sea of Chile is very cold...

    ReplyDelete